Driving to Seri Pengantin Resort is relatively easy, and should take you just about 45 minutes from the KL city centre, depending on traffic conditions.
Foursquare : https://foursquare.com/v/seri-pengantin-resort/4e171cd5aeb7e76b4f240cfe
Waze/ Google Map : "Seri Pengantin Resort”
• Head north out of Kuala Lumpur, and get onto the KL-Karak Highway.
• At about the 33km mark, you will pass through a tunnel called Genting Sempah.
• Turn left immediately after the tunnel, via the overhead bridge, to enter the Genting Sempah Rest & Recreation (R&R ) area.
• Drive past the food center, exit the R&R area, turn left and follow the signs for Janda Baik.
• Follow the winding road until you reach a junction (4.2 km from the Genting Sempah R&R exit).
• Take a right, go up the steep slope and drive through the welcome arch. Do not miss this turn, unless you’re planning to head to Bentong town via the old road!
• Drive further on for about 2 km; you will pass the Elektriksola factory on your right.
• Continue briefly downhill and take the first left.
• Drive on for approximately 2 km. Seri Pengantin Resort is located on your right just after a small connecting bridge that will lead to the center of Kampong Janda Baik.
For detail direction, click below-
GETTING TO THE RESORT
1. BY AIR
Nearest Airport - (1) KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) (2) KLIA 2 (Budget Airways) both in Sepang near Kuala Lumpur. From there you could either take a taxi direct to Janda Baik; or a coach(bus) / ERL expressway train to Kuala Lumpur (for transit) and then take either a taxi or bus to Janda Baik.
KLIA/ KLIA 2 AIRPORT to Kuala Lumpur (KL)
Taxi cost about RM180 - RM240. ERL (Express Rail Link) cost about RM35 per way. Shuttle bus cost RM10 – both to KL Central Station, KL.
2. BY ROAD.
KLIA/KLIA 2 to JANDA BAIK
The official charge from KLIA and KLIA 2 is around RM180 - RM240 one way to Janda Baik
Note: Please use a official airport taxi coupon which you could obtain from the airport official taxi counter. It is a straight forward exercise. There are however in very rare cases that an illegal taxi drivers operating around the airport lobby, if you have been approached by them, just avoid them, else report it to airport security. It is advisable not to take up these illegal taxi drivers else you will get a high possibility of been charged higher despite your safety.
KL to JANDA BAIK
KL taxis are not allowed to bring passengers out of the city by regulation. However, some will take you to Janda Baik but will charge you a return trip, as they would not get a passenger on the way back to the city. The charge would be 50% of that from Airport-Janda Baik charges.
KL to JANDA BAIK
There is no direct bus to Janda Baik from KL. First you have to take a bus to Bentong which is the nearest town to Janda Baik. From Bentong, sadly the bus service has stopped the route Bentong to Janda Baik since early 2008. From Bentong to Janda Baik, you have to take a taxi. (Update Dec’2009 – we will keep on updating on any latest changes).
Coach or bus station in KL is located in Jalan Pahang Bus Terminal (near Kuala Lumpur Hospital). From there, take a bus to Bentong. The trip will take about 1 hour from KL to Bentong. From Bentong, take a taxi to Janda Baik (30 mins. trip).
3. PRIVATE TRANSPORT – RENTED VEHICLES.
The car rental cost varied on the size and capacity. The price are competitive as they are plenty in KL, so you could do some browsing and pick any you wish or seems comfortable for you. Generally, a small car will cost about RM80 per day. Medium size car cost about RM120 and MPV / SUV type of vehicles could cost up to RM200 per day. Weekend charges would normally been granted a discounted price.
Note: You need to have an International Driving license. But for British driving license, it is eligible to use within a year of the date of entry to Malaysia.
IF YOU DRIVE YOUR OWN
(1) Get yourself a Map. Available from many petrol station PETRONAS at RM12. (Malaysia Road Map)
(2) From KL, first find a MRR2 highway (MRR2 is like a Circular Road in London). Then from MRR2 take an exit to Karak Highway (there is a green signboard leading to Karak Highway/M0torway). The toll charge is RM6.
From there, just follow the general direction as above stated until you pass the tunnel and approach Genting Sempah (Rest Area).
(3) For detail direction from Genting Sempah to Janda Baik, kindly refer to the LOCATION MAP.